Board of Directors
Northland Comm & Tech College
1101 Highway One East
Thief River Falls, MN 56701 (218) 683-8747 (O)
(218) 686-5448 (C)
Tina LeBrun South Central College
1920 Lee BLVD
North Mankato, MN 56003
(507) 389-7391 (O)
(507) 327-3732 (C)
Brad Sirianni N38584 Johnson Valley RD
Whitehall, WI 54773 (715) 533-8081
Jeff Schultz South Central College
22332 Gates AV
Faribault, MN 55021
(507) 332-5837 (O)
Deron Erickson 301 County Road 2
Barrett, MN 56311
(320) 528-2529 (O)
(320) 808-5187 (C)
Denise Reeser South Central College
29748 171 AV
New Prague, MN 56071 (218) 330-7355
Debra Pike 6540 65th ST NE
Rochester, MN 55906-1911
(507) 951-3610 (C)
Mr. Lynn Hoffmann Riverland Community College
1700 3rd ST SW
Austin, MN 55912 (507) 240-0989 (C)
Each Director is expected to attend all Board Meetings and National Conferences.
- Presides at Board and membership business meetings.
- Is the official representative of NFRBMEA.
- Develops agenda for all Board and membership business meetings.
- Presents the Distinguished Service Award at the annual conference.
- Assists in soliciting sponsors and building relationships with allied industries.
- Informs new Board members of their responsibilities.
- Implements directives from the NFRBMEA membership.
- Creates committees and makes committee appointments.
- Is an ex officio member of all committees.
- Works with the Communications Director and has primary responsibility for monitoring content of publications of NFRBMEA.
- Signs corporate tax returns and makes sure that returns are filed.
- Assumes the duties of the president in his/her absence.
- Assumes the position of President after the officers are installed.
- Conducts the First Timers Breakfast.
- Promotes membership and sets goals for membership.
- Establishes ag industry, education and media contacts.
- Communicates with prospective new members and promotes membership.
- Acts as chair of the Past Presidents’ Committee. Sets agenda, schedules and invites past presidents to the Past Presidents’ Committee meeting. Reports the findings of this committee to the NFRBMEA Board and membership.
- Creates and presides over a nominating committee to create a slate of officers.
- Conducts the election of officers at annual business meeting.
- Maintains 501(c)(3) compliance and annually reports that compliance in a motion during an official business meeting.
- Prepares an annual report.
- Records minutes of all NFRBMEA Board and membership meetings.
- Distributes minutes of all NFRBMEA Board and membership meetings to the membership.
- Assists the President and Board members with correspondence.
- Conducts the Roll Call of States activity at the annual conference.
- Works with the Communications Director to gather articles and pictures for NFRBMEA publications.
- Secures plaques for Distinguished Service Awards and retiring officers.
- Deposits all income, disburses all expenses and accounts for all monies handled.
- Prepares a two-year budget forecast prior to the annual meeting.
- Prepares financial reports prior to each scheduled Board meeting and the annual meeting.
- Organizes and arranges an annual audit of NFRBMEA records.
- Prepares, or causes to have prepared, necessary income tax reporting forms.
- Provides communication between the NCAE and NFRBMEA to enhance and coordinate activities and projects of the NFRBMEA and of Agricultural Education in the United States.
- May be assigned to or volunteer for other Board duties as needed and as time allows.
- Organizes and builds relationships with allied industries.
- Develops sponsorship plans and strategies to help fund the NFBM Conference.
- Puts together a list of potential sponsors for the NFBM Conference.
- Contacts potential sponsors and vendors to solicit their support of the NFBM Conference.
- Coordinates sponsor publicity and set-up of vendor area at the conference
- Organizes and maintains records of sponsorship.
- Creates and updates the NFRBMEA website in a timely manner, as needed or as directed by the President.
- Sets up and maintains electronic discussion groups (e.g. Yahoogroups).
- Maintains an archive of by-laws, articles of incorporation, minutes, conference proceedings and other official documents.
- Communicates with, sends bills to and collects accounts from vendors advertising in NFRBMEA publications.
- Maintains a mailing list and membership roster including names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses of members and associates as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Secures nametags for new officers.